Pastor Chad's Itinarary

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shepherd the Flock

Acts 20:28 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.

This past week has proved itself very edifying. My worship minister and I left for St.Louis this past Tuesday for a two day conference on "Shepherding the Flock of God." The speakers were Tom Ascol (FL), Ray Van Neste (TN), and Phil Newton (from my hometown in AL). All three of these men give great exegesis of the texts and practical applications to carry back with us.
My heart as a pastor has always been the local church and the Lord's people there. But beginning in my new ministry here in TN, this conference remined me to love the people God has entrusted to me. Often times we can become overwhelmed with our daily tasks we forget God's bride the local church. The redeemed of God which makes the local church up. An elder, overseer, or pastor must be willing to learn his people and to know what issues they are dealing with in life. Often we as pastors (including me) want to hide away in the dark recesses of our study were it is nice, quiet, and safe.
As pastors we must get out into our peoples lives and shepherd them all the way to Christ! I pray the Lord will allow me to love the sheep and be personal with them until Christ returns. For their good and for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment