Pastor Chad's Itinarary

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Availabiltiy Not Capability

Exodus 4:10) But Moses said to the Lord, "Oh my Lord, I am not eloquent in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but "I am slow of speech and of tongue."(ESV)
I have been reading a book for my Christian Missions class called, "Amazing Grace." In the book Dr.Bruce Carlton tells of his experience of being a missionary in Cambodia for twenty years. He speaks of a man who was regenerated by the grace of God and he had a heart for doing construction work and wanted serve God, some how. God used this man to help construct new buildings for the churches in Cambodia as the Lord saw fit to organize them.
The point behind this particular chapter of the book is being available for God to use us. I see so many professing Christians who are on the sidelines and not in the "fight of faith." I believe one of two things has happened, (1) they do not know Christ or (2) they have not been abiding in the vine (John 15:5). I am reminded of Moses in (Exodus 3) as God calls him to lead the children out of Egypt. Moses comes up with various reasons why he can not lead them. God tells him he is not concerned with his capability but his availability.
The Lord is not concern about our capabilities. Because He tells us "apart from me you can do nothing." We are not our own source of strength. We must rely upon the Holy Spirit of God to enable us to serve Him and to honor Him. Are you available for God or are you like Moses with the excuse "I am unable?" What do we spend our energy on, our time, and our money on. As the redeemed of God lets be available to serve Him knowing our capabilities will be given by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment