Pastor Chad's Itinarary

Monday, March 14, 2011

"Why A Writing Ministry?"

Mercy, grace, and peace from our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. I am grateful to be allowed the privilege to be writing these words to you this evening. For sometime now I have been considering some type of writing ministry. Although I am still unsure where this will go, I want it to be a ministry to our shut-ins, church members, extended family, and most of all an evangelistic tool to the lost world. The church in the past has done newsletters to send to different people throughout the community and church members who wanted to keep up with things here at Pleasant Hill. I am wanting this to be more than a newsletter, it is my desire for it to be a paper full of God’s Word and His eternal truths.
After reading the biography of A.W. Pink the Lord impressed upon my heart the desire to write. It would seem odd God would place upon my heart to have a writing ministry for several reasons. First of all, I am not very educated. Many of you might not know but I never finished high school although I did receive my G.E.D. Second of all, I have never enjoyed writing at least up until about two years ago. I began writing a journal of thoughts, prayers, and praises which God had done in my life and the churches life. Third of all, I do not know what I am doing at all. Fourth of all, I am not very good at writing either. I think upon the scripture the Apostle Paul writes to the church at Corinth (1 Cor.1:27) “But God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;”
This is exactly what God has done in my calling as a pastor and surely as a writer, as well. God has chosen the weakest vessel to try to serve Him and I am fully aware of this. Of course this is how God gets all the glory by choosing an uneducated, not too smart, and not very good person to try and write about Him. My chief aim in this endeavor is to bring God glory. Romans 11:36, “For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things; to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”
There will be other pastors who I will call upon to help with this endeavor in producing a God honoring paper which will edify the saints and prayerfully convict the lost sinner. I have been blessed to have men I call “friends” which God has gifted, who will serve as a blessing to this ministry as well. As for now this will be a ministry under the local church at Pleasant Hill Baptist in Orlinda, TN. My prayer is the Lord would open the door to produce not only papers, cd’s but also dvd’s in the near future. I am praying this would become one our missions outreach from the church at Pleasant Hill.
We will be looking to mail out some where of 200 copies all over the United States and other parts of the world. If you know of others who might benefit from this ministry please feel free to send us their address. I feel as though we will be able to send these through e-mail’s as well. I ask of you only to pray for me and the Lord’s church at Pleasant Hill as we continue to seek the Lord in this ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment