Pastor Chad's Itinarary

Friday, November 5, 2010

"Brothers Who Dwell In Unity"

Psalm 132:1, "Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity."
For many of you who know me and my family, God has gifted us with three beautiful boys. (I know they would not like to be known as beautiful)! Of course, brothers as they grow bigger and stronger they become more competitive against one another. It begins to be personal and they start to become argumentative and physical toward one another. Thus, revealing their sinfulness and their need of forgiveness from their sin toward God and their brother.
My wife and I have been reading together in our devotion time together, the new book by Dr. Stuart Scott and Martha Peace "The Faithful Parent."As we were reading the book the other day I told her I wished we would have known before we became parents of how biblical discipline worked. Their book is a great read and deals with the subject of disciplining your children from the time of birth all the way to adulthood. I truly believe for a parent to love their children there MUST be discipline.
Proverbs 13:24 "Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him."

We h
ave been disciplining our children in the word of God. So when they leave the nest they would make a difference in the world for Christ's sake. But our first desire is for them to come to know Christ. I believe as we plant the gospel seeds in their hearts day after day through family devotions and worship, God is honored and glorified.
I am praying and teaching them as a father, to love your brothers and to treat each other with respect for they are your brothers and the bible says, "Behold how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity." I teach them not just because it is the right thing to do, but it brings great glory to the One who created them. Ultimately this is what life is all about, To Bring Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment