Pastor Chad's Itinarary

Monday, April 17, 2017

"18 Reasons Why I Love My Wife"

Proverbs 18:22 "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD."


 April 17, 1999, Gatlinburg, TN

      April 17th is a special date in my life.  On April 17th, 1999, I married Samantha Smith from Littleville, Alabama. As all married couples who stick it out, there have been many ups and downs, but God has seen us through them all. Some thought we started out a little backward and in some ways we did. However,  I'd say the Lord was very gracious towards us for no more than we had known at that time. The past 18 years she has had to deal with my job losses, moving homes, leaving family, coping with a son's medical issues, and a husband who went from being a truck driver to a preacher. She often reminds me (jokingly), "I didn't marry a preacher."

    There are a lot of things I could write about the last 18 years together, but I thought I'd write exactly why I am more in love with this woman today than I was 18 years ago. And as I remind others when it comes to one's spiritual and physical well-being, it's not how you start that matters but how you finish.

Therefore, here are 18 reasons why I love my wife, Samantha:

1. She would rather be in God's will than out.
2. She loves me for who I am and doesn't expect me to be someone I am not.
3. She is an amazing mother to our children.
4. She is beautiful, even without makeup.
5. She makes me laugh with her indecisions.
May 20, 2015, Knoxville, TN
6. She puts up with me when I have new ideas or as she likes to say, "I see your little wheels turning."
7. She does not desire the spotlight, only wants to be faithful.
8. She is a hard worker.
9. She double checks our grocery, restaurant, and any other bill we receive to make sure we don't get ripped off.
10. She is a great listener.
11. She is an excellent cook.
12. She supports me in my wild adventures of triathlon and now ultramarathons.
13. She pushes me to keep going when I want to quit.
14. She holds my hand when we go out in public.
15. She lets me go to the grocery store with her, even though I act like I don't want to go sometimes.
16. She helps me to "let my hair down" and not take life so seriously.
17. She doesn't mind going on dates with me.
18. She is my best friend.



Easter 2017, Cross Plains, TN
    Eighteen years have come and gone. We have made a lot of mistakes. We have learned a lot of valuable lessons when it comes to life. I can honestly say, that I love this girl from Alabama more with each passing day. I look forward to the next 18 years with her. God has shown me much favor by giving her to me for a season while upon this earth. All I can say is, "To God Alone Be the Glory!"



No comments:

Post a Comment