Pastor Chad's Itinarary

Friday, March 13, 2015

Encouragment for Pastors and Their Members

If you are like me you often find yourself seasons of spiritual droughts or discouragements. When I find myself in these times I can trace them back to a couple of things. First, I find myself lacking in my own personal devotional life through the reading, praying, and meditating on the Word of God. Secondly, I find myself being inward focus on myself, rather than Christ and His Bride. The remedy for a spiritual drought and discouragement begins with being renewed in the Word and placing my eyes upon Him, rather than self.

However, there are times during these spiritual droughts and discouragements that God uses other men's writings to encourage my soul. Therefore, I have taken the liberty to add some links to articles that have been very beneficial to me as a pastor, but also just as a Christian. So, these articles address pastors, but can be a guide for church members to know how to pray for their pastor, as well.
 I pray you find these articles as encouraging to you, as they were to me.

Click here for the articles:

"What to do when people leave your church" by Brian Howard

"The Long View of Pastoral Ministry" pt.1 by Dr. John MacArthur

"The Legacy of Long Term Ministry" pt.2 by Dr. John MacArthur

"Stay As Long As You Can" by Stacy Lamey

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment