Pastor Chad's Itinarary

Friday, April 25, 2014

"Dear Saviour, I Am Thine"

I have been mediating this afternoon on my union in Christ. I found this little hymn and I thought it was worthy to share. Take time and read it a couple of times. Meditate and think about your union in Christ. It is glorious!

"Dear Saviour, I am Thine,
By everlasting bands,
My name, my heart, I would resign;
My soul is in Thy hands.

To Thee I still would cleave
With ever-growing zeal;
If millions tempt me Christ to leave,
They never shall prevail.

His Spirit shall unite
My soul to Him, my Head;
Shall form to His image bright,
And teach His path to tread.

Death may my soul divide
From this abode of clay;
But love shall keep me near Thy side
Through all the gloomy way.
Since Christ and we are one,
Why should we doubt or fear?
If He in heaven hath fix'd His throne,
He'll fix members there."    (Phillip Doddridge; "Dear Saviour, I Am Thine").

No comments:

Post a Comment