Pastor Chad's Itinarary

Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Glad To See The Revival In the SBC"

There seems to be a shift taking place in the SBC, at least with the younger generation that is coming up. I am excited to see what God is doing in the youth of the SBC. I see young men and women who are being trained in God's Word and before too long will be in our churches and on our mission fields. I believe one reason for such a great awakening is first, God is revealing Himself to their hearts. Second, these young men and women are tired of Pharisaical religion. A religion that has no commitment to Christ nor passion to go with it. Just a dead cold legalistic, religion.
This generation that is coming up in our SBC churches are studying God's Word. They are praying for God to reveal Himself to them. God's Word is changing the worldviews of these youths and they will ultimately change the church for the future.
I am grateful as well, for the leadership God has placed in the SBC as well. God is using men such as, Dr. Al Mohler (President of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary), Dr. Danny Akin (President, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary), Kevin Ezell (President, North American Mission Board), and my favorite preacher David Miller (President, Line Upon Line Ministries). God has used these men in my life to shape me theologically but God is using them to shape a new generation of preachers and missionaries as well.
I know revival has not fully come but I do see some positives steps in a right direction. We still have those who feel God's Word is not "totally" sufficient for all areas of life. We are still having issues in the SBC whether God saves man or if man has to help God out a little. Nonetheless, I am thankful God is raising up a generation who believes God is Sovereign and has a heart to share Christ with a lost and dying world.I am also posting a link to a dear brother and fellow pastor whose blog I follow.
http://jaredmoore.exaltchrist.com/2010/10/21/9-reasons-why-the-sbc-is-in-trouble-if-calvinism-is-a-threat/

No comments:

Post a Comment